How can I regularly be informed about the Lost Gardens of Khajuraho?
Please fill in the form, and you will receive twice a year our Newsletter.
Vital Decosterstraat 72
Tel: +32 16 29 16 79
Fax: +32 16 22 76 10
24 sep 2017
Thu 7 & Fri 8 December 2017
Stakeholders Conference on Cultural and Natural Heritage Assets as a Driving Force in the Sustainable Development of the Khajuraho Heritage Region
Venue: Payal Hotel (MP Tourism) Khajuraho.
THURSDAY 7 DECEMBER
10.00 Registration & tea
11.00 Welcome by Convenor INTACH Khajuraho
Opening Ceremony & speeches by Chairman INTACH / MD MP Tourism / MP Govt / MLA Naati Raja / Ambassador of Belgium
12.00 Reception & Lunch
14.00 SESSION 1 – Presenting the Situation
Keynote: Bundelkhand as an Emerging Region (Representative MP Govt, Ministery of Urban Development)
- Presentation CDP Khajuraho (by CMO Khajuraho)
- Presentation CDP Rajnagar (by CMO Rajnagar)
- The role of the WHS Western Group of Temples: Present & Future (by ASI)
15.30 Tea Break
16.00 SESSION 2 – Identification of the Natural and Cultural Heritage Assets for the Khajuraho Heritage Region.
Keynote: The 1998 Report Revisited (again) (George Varughese, President Development Alternatives)
- Lost Gardens of Khajuraho (by Ar. Anjaneya Sharma)
- Historical and Cultural sites in the Khajuraho Heritage Region (KHR) (by local chapter?)
- Natural Heritage Assets (incl. water bodies) in the KHR (by Dr. Ritu Singh, INTACH Natural Heritage Division)
17.30 end of session
19.00 Dinner and cultural program at Rani Bagh
FRIDAY 8 DECEMBER
10.30 SESSION 3 – Potential and Contribution of the Heritage Assets
Keynote: Role of Cultural Heritage in Sustainable Development – Prof. Dr. Koen Van Balen (Director RLICC KU Leuven).
- Festivals, rituals and traditions leading way to cultural landscape development. (by Development Alternatives / Taragram Orchha)
- Traditional techniques and organic farming in Chhattarpur District (by Dr. Bhartendu Prakash / Founder-Director of the Bundelkhand Ressources’ Study Center, Chhatarpur)
- Heritage assets in climate change (Dr. Hafeez Rehman, Director VITO)
14.00 SESSION 4 – The Process of Integration of Heritage Assets for Sustainable Development of the Region.
Keynote: Sustainable Development of Heritage Regions: challenges and opportunities. (by Moe Chiba, Section Chief Officer UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office)
- Heritage assets in the City Development Plans of Khajuraho and Rajnagar (Shikha Jain, Director DRONAH)
- MP Tourism: where will the KHR go? Tourism for Regional Development.
- Heritage Routes in the KHR (Shalini Mahajan, Heritage Consultant UP Tourism / Geert Robberechts, convenor INTACH Belgium)
15.30 Tea Break
16.00 SESSION 5 – Role of Stakeholders in the Development of the KHR.
Keynote: The Role of Stakeholders in the Development of a Cultural Landscape (Prof. Dr. Jan Haenraets, Boston University, USA)
- The 2017 Social Survey of Rajnagar: an Analysis – by Ar. Nishant Upadhyay
- Existing networks and their potential in the KHR (Dr. Ashwani Kumar Dubey, Prof. Govt Maharaja College, Chhatarpur)
- Discussion Round on KHR’s future by:
- Hotel Owners Association
- Khajuraho’s Guide Association
- Nagar Panchayat Khajuraho & Rajnagar
- Collector / SDM
- MP Tourism
- Concluding remarks, recommendations and forming a network of stakeholders for future development.
17.30 end of session / Reception
19.00 Dinner and cultural program at the WHS
SATURDAY 9 DECEMBER
Possibility of site visits in the broader KHR (program to be defined)
Subscribe to our newsletter :